InTray® COLOREX™ KPC
- Combine collection, culture, result and microscopic observation in one device.
- Highly selective prepared media in a device designed for in-vitro specimen collection and incubation.
- Rapid presumptive-positive diagnosis without re-plating. InTray can be placed directly on microscope stage
- Fully enclosed cassette with Tyvek® air filtration prevents contamination and exposure, post-collection.
- InTray is designed for specimen collection / inoculation at point-of-care
- Saves time, material cost and waste, reducing exposure to collected sample
- Place directly on the microscope tray for observation through the cassette’s clear anti-fog window
- Visual chromogenic differentiation
Specially formulated medium promotes growth and chromogenic differentiation
||Reddish / small
||Cream to translucent green
|Time to Result
- 18-24 hours, incubated at 37°C for positive
- Extended 12 Months shelf life (2-18°C) from the date of manufacture
- Can tolerate extended periods at controlled room temp (≤ 25˚C), with no loss in performance.
- Biological Fluids
- Surface Streaks
Features and Benefits
SHELF-LIFE AND DURABILITY
- Designed for extended 12-month shelf life
- Durable and stackable for incubation
- No re-plate or wet mount
- Once inoculated, no other culture preparation is required... saving time and cost.
- Designed for specimen collection/inoculation at point-of-care, a fully enclosed system for transport, incubation, result and microscopic observation.
- The sealed prepared media device is selectively formulated for accurate detection and identification of pathogens and non-pathogens
- Visual chromogenic differentiation and/or selective production of distinctive colony growth with typical identifiable morphology
- Fully enclosed cassette with air filtration system
- Nutritive culture colony growth medium, formulated for selectivity and specificity
- Anaerobic or aerobic system available (on select products)
YOU'LL IMMEDIATELY EXPERIENCE A REDUCTION IN:
- Cost of laboratory materials
- Medical waste
- Risk of exposure or contamination
Articles and Whitepapers
Laboratory and Clinical Evaluation of Screen Agar Plates for Detection of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae from Surveillance Rectal Swabs
Adler et al, Laboratory and Clinical Evaluation of Screening... JOCM 2011 Jun; 49(6)
Clinical Microbiology Costs for Methods of Active Surveillance for Klebsiella pneumoniae Carbapenemase — Producing Enterobacteriaceae
Mathers, MD et al, Microbiology Cost of CPE Screening, Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2014, Vol 35 No 4
Evaluation of CHROMagar KPC for Rapid Detection of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae
Samra Z, Bahar J., Marad-Shapiro L., J Clin Microbiol. 2008 Sept; 46(9)3110-3111
Outbreak of ST395 KPC-Producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Stein et al, Outbreak of ST395 KPC...,IC&HE 2018 Vol 39, No 4
Identification of Klebsiella pneumoniae Carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella oxytoca in Clinical Isolates in Tehran Hospitals
Validi et al, ID of KPC-producing Klebsilla oxytoca...Osong Public Health Res Perspect 2016 Vol 7 No 5
Instructions for Use
Biomed offers extensive product documentation for each of our products. If you would like to review these, please see the Product Documentation section in the upper right of this page.
If you would like to download the Instructions for Use (IFU) please click here ►
FDA Registered in USA - For Research Use Only
COLOREX KPC is not intended for use in the identification of colonization with carbapenem-resistant bacteria to aid in the prevention and control of carbapenem-resistant bacteria in healthcare settings.
COLOREX KPC is not intended to diagnose infections with carbapenem-resistant bacteria, guide or monitor treatment for infections, or provide susceptibility results to carbapenem. Sub-culture is necessary for bacterial identification and susceptibility testing.
|InTray COLOREX KPC