InTray® COLOREX™ MRSA - Prepared Plated Culture Media for Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Combine collection, culture, result and microscopic observation in one IVD device.
- Highly selective prepared media in a device designed for in-vitro specimen transport and incubation.
- Rapid presumptive-positive diagnosis without re-plating. Intray can be placed directly on microscope stage
- Fully enclosed cassette with Tyvek® air filtration prevents contamination and exposure, post-collection.
- The InTray is designed for specimen collection/ inoculation at point-of-care
- Saves time, material cost and waste, reducing exposure to collected sample
- Place directly on the microscope tray for observation through the cassette’s clear anti-fog window
- Visual chromogenic differentiation
Inhibit the growth of yeasts, mold, and fungi, resulting in 91.5% specificity for the growth of Oxacillin strains.
||Pink to mauve with halo
|Time to Result
- 18 - 24 hours, Incubates at 37°C
- 3 Months shelf life (2-8°C)
- Can tolerate 24 hours at controlled room temp (≤ 25˚C), with no loss in performance.
- Pleural Fluid
87040 | 87070 | 87081 | 87088 | 87075 | 87086
Features and Benefits
SHELF-LIFE AND DURABILITY
- Designed for durability and stackable for incubation, or 3 month storage.
- No re-plate or wet mount
- Once InTray is inoculated, no other culture preparation is required... saving time and cost.
- Designed for specimen collection/inoculation at point-of-care, a fully enclosed system for transport, incubation, result and microscopic observation.
- The sealed prepared media device is selectively formulated for accurate detection and identification of pathogens and non-pathogens
- Visual chromogenic differentiation and/or selective production of distinctive colony growth with typical identifiable morphology
- Fully enclosed cassette with air filtration system
- Nutritive culture colony growth medium, formulated for selectivity and specificity
- Anaerobic or aerobic system available
YOU'LL IMMEDIATELY EXPERIENCE A REDUCTION IN:
- Cost of laboratory materials
- Medical waste
- Risk of exposure or contamination
Instructions for Use
Biomed offers extensive product documentation for each of our products. If you would like to review these, please see the Product Documentation section in the upper right of this page.
If you would like to download the Instructions for Use (IFU) please click here ►
FDA Registered in USA - For Research Use Only
|InTray COLOREX MRSA
Articles and Interest
Isaac See, Yi Mu, Valerie Albrecht, Maria Karlsson, Ghinwa Dumyati, Dwight J Hardy, Mackenzie Koeck, Ruth Lynfield, Joelle Nadle, Susan M Ray, William Schaffner, Alexander J Kallen; Trends in incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections differ by strain type and healthcare exposure,
United States, 2005–2013, Clinical Infectious Diseases, , ciz158,