InTray® SMA - Prepared Plated Culture Media for E. coli O157:H7
- Durable injection molded device
- Highly selective media designed for growth, transport and result
- Sealed environment with Tyvek® air filtration
- Resealable media well reduces exposure and contamination
- The InTray is designed for specimen collection/ inoculation at point-of-care
- Saves time, material cost and waste, reducing exposure to collected sample
- Place directly on the microscope tray for observation through the cassette’s clear anti-fog window
- Selectively produces distinctive colony growth with typical identifiable morphology
|E. coli O157:H7
||Pink to Red w/ bile ppt.
||Marked to complete inhibition
|Time to Result
- Incubate at 25-35C for 18-24 hours or under ambient atmosphere.
- The medium can be incubated for 4 weeks or longer under increased humidity when necessary.
- The specificity of this medium may be dependent upon the incubation temperature.
ESBL Strains: K. pneumoniae & E. coli
- Extended 12 Months shelf life(2-18°C)
- Can tolerate extended periods at controlled room temp (≤ 25˚C), with no loss in performance.
For research use only.
Gram staining, biochemical tests and serological procedures should be performed to confirm findings. It has been reported that some Enterobacteriaceae sp. and Pseudomonas aeruginosa are inhibited on SMA when incubated in a CO2-enriched atmosphere. Prolonged incubation of the culture may result in colonies of E. coli 0157:H7 losing their characteristic colorless appearance.
Features and Benefits
Shelf-life and durability
- Designed for long shelf life, durability and stackable for incubation, or 12 month storage.
- No re-plate or wet mount
- Once InTray is inoculated, no other culture preparation is required... saving time and cost.
- Designed for specimen collection/inoculation at point-of-care, a fully enclosed system for transport, incubation, result and microscopic observation.
- The sealed prepared media device is selectively formulated for accurate detection and identification of pathogens and non-pathogens
- Visual chromogenic differentiation and/or selective production of distinctive colony growth with typical identifiable morphology
- Fully enclosed cassette with air filtration system
- Nutritive culture colony growth medium, formulated for selectivity and specificity
- Anaerobic or aerobic system available
You'll immediately experience a reduction in:
- Cost of laboratory materials
- Medical waste
- Risk of exposure or contamination
Instructions for Use
Biomed offers extensive product documentation for each of our products. If you would like to review these, please see the Product Documentation section in the upper right of this page.
If you would like to download the Instructions for Use (IFU) please click here ►
Need a Sample?