InPouch™ TF Bovine (Tritrichomonas foetus Bovine)
Biomed’s InPouch™ TF test allows for simultaneous growth and observation of Tritrichomonas foetus, the parasite responsible for the sexually transmitted infection (STI) trichomoniasis in cattle. As the first, most robust and economical diagnostic designed specifically for bovine trichomoniasis, InPouch™ TF is known as “The Gold Standard” diagnostic for this STI. The proprietary medium of the InPouch™ TF is selective for the transport and growth of Tritrichomonas and increases specificity by inhibiting the growth of yeasts, mold, and bacteria.
|storage||Room Temperature (18-25 °C)|
Please Call (800) 964-6466 for pricing
|quantity||10 Pack||100 Pack|
Call (800) 964-6466
Call (800) 964-6466
- State Trich Regulations
- Instructions For Use
- Product datasheet
- Certificate of Analysis Lot#5HA102A
- Certificate of Analysis Lot#5DA043
- Certificate of Analysis Lot#5CA039
Tritrichomonas foetus Bovine research reports:
- Reference Guide: State-by-State Resources for T. foetus Testing Requirements courtesy of Applied Biosystems.
- Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Trichomoniasis page - Excellent resource including video links and information on regulations, pricing, sample collection & handling and transport.
- Washington State Department of Agriculture Bovine Trichomoniasis Testing Resources.
- Trichomoniasis Prevention: The Cost Per Cow to Prevent - Colorado State University Extension.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis: Essential Facts and Testing - UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- Applied Biosystems VetMAX™ Reagents for PCR; Real-time PCR is the most sensitive method for amplifyingTritrichomonas foetus DNA.
- PubMed Search: "Bovine Trichomoniasis"
- Improved detection of Tritrichomonas foetus in bovine diagnostic specimens using a novel probe-based real time PCR assay. McMillen and Lew. Vet Parasitol. 2006; 141:204-15
- Comparison of the diagnostic sensitivity of a commercially available culture kit and a diagnostic culture test using Diamond’s media for diagnosing Tritrichomonas foetus in bulls. Parker, et al. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2003; 15:460-465
- Austrailian and New Zealand Diagnostic Procedure- July 2013 Department of Agriculture and Food Western Australia-Nicky Buller /Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry-Bruce Corney
Tritrichomonas foetus Bovinemore images and videos:
- Collecting samples for Bovine Trichomoniasis testing-- Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (2013)
- T. foetus Video Links; courtesty of Dr. Robert BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian Emeritus, U.C. Davis*.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis collection demonstration video-- Dr. Dan Gamblin, DVM, with Goliad Animal Clinic (2009)
- T. foetus images and diagrams courtesy of Google
*Please note that the above links do not imply an endorsement from the author,
Robert H. BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian and Department Chair or UC Davis.