Transit Tubes TF (TF-Transit Tubes for Bovine PCR Testing)
Biomed Diagnostics Inc. is pleased to announce the introduction of the TF-Transit tube. The TF-Transit tube is a premium sample collection & transport system specifically designed for bovine ‘Trich’ PCR testing (i.e., trichomoniasis, T. foetus infection). The TF-Transit is a field-oriented sample collection device that retains the Gold Standard InPouch™ TF liquid medium, but in a test tube for ease of collection, transport and DNA extraction - for PCR-only TF testing.
*The TF-Transit tube is not a diagnostic test.*
While the TF-Transit is the newest addition to the Biomed Diagnostics product line, it retains the same proven, reliable and universally accepted liquid formula from the InPouch™ TF—The industry standard diagnostic test for bovine ‘trich’ testing for the last 20 years . This same proprietary medium formulation was originally selected and validated by McMillen & Lew, whose work ultimately gave rise to the now-standard RT-PCR methods for bovine TF detection(McMillen & Lew. Vet Parisitol. 2006. 141:204). When you are submitting samples to your regional lab for PCR-only testing, use the TF-Transit for the utmost in safety and quality for your bovine TF samples.
Questions? Placing an Order?
|Detects||Bovine preputial samples for Tritrichomonas foetus PCR|
|storage||Room Temperature (18-25°C)|
Please Call (800) 964-6466 for pricing
|quantity||10 Pack||50 Pack|
Call (800) 964-6466
Call (800) 964-6466
⚠ WARNING: These products can expose you to chemicals including Iron Dextran, Chloramphenicol and Neomycin which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
TF-Transit Tubes for Bovine PCR Testing research reports:
Tritrichomonas foetus online resources:
- Reference Guide: State-by-State Resources for T. foetus Testing Requirements courtesy of Applied Biosystems.
- Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Trichomoniasis page - Excellent resource including video links and information on regulations, pricing, sample collection & handling and transport.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis: Essential Facts and Testing - UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- Applied Biosystems VetMAX™ Reagents for PCR; Real-time PCR is the most sensitive method for amplifying Tritrichomonas foetus DNA.
- Improved detection of Tritrichomonas foetus in bovine diagnostic specimens using a novel probe-based real time PCR assay. McMillen and Lew. Vet Parasitol. 2006; 141:204-15
- Comparison of the diagnostic sensitivity of a commercially available culture kit and a diagnostic culture test using Diamond’s media for diagnosing Tritrichomonas foetus in bulls. Parker, et al. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2003; 15:460-465
TF-Transit Tubes for Bovine PCR Testingmore images and videos:
- T. foetus Video Links; courtesty of Dr. Robert BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian Emeritus, U.C. Davis*.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis collection demonstration video
- T. foetus images and diagrams courtesy of Google
*Please note that the above links do not imply an endorsement from the author,
Robert H. BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian and Department Chair or UC Davis.