Transit Tubes TF (TF-Transit Tubes)
Biomed Diagnostics Inc. is pleased to announce the introduction of the TF-Transit tube. The TF-Transit tube is a premium sample collection & transport system specifically designed for bovine ‘Trich’ PCR testing (i.e., trichomoniasis, T. foetus infection). The TF-Transit is a field-oriented sample collection device that retains the Gold Standard InPouch™ TF liquid medium, but in a test tube for ease of collection, transport and DNA extraction - for PCR-only TF testing. The TF-Transit tube is not a diagnostic test.
While the TF-Transit is the newest addition to the Biomed Diagnostics product line, it retains the same proven, reliable and universally accepted liquid formula from the InPouch™ TF—The industry standard diagnostic test for bovine ‘trich’ testing for the last 20 years . This same proprietary medium formulation was originally selected and validated by McMillen & Lew, whose work ultimately gave rise to the now-standard RT-PCR methods for bovine TF detection(McMillen & Lew. Vet Parisitol. 2006. 141:204). When you are submitting samples to your regional lab for PCR-only testing, use the TF-Transit for the utmost in safety and quality for your bovine TF samples.
|Detects||Bovine preputial samples for Tritrichomonas foetus PCR|
|storage||Room Temperature (18-25°C)|
Please Call (800) 964-6466 for pricing
|quantity||10 Pack||50 Pack|
Call (800) 964-6466
Call (800) 964-6466
TF-Transit Tubes research reports:
Tritrichomonas foetus online resources:
- Reference Guide: State-by-State Resources for T. foetus Testing Requirements courtesy of Applied Biosystems.
- Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Trichomoniasis page - Excellent resource including video links and information on regulations, pricing, sample collection & handling and transport.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis: Essential Facts and Testing - UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- Applied Biosystems VetMAX™ Reagents for PCR; Real-time PCR is the most sensitive method for amplifying Tritrichomonas foetus DNA.
- Improved detection of Tritrichomonas foetus in bovine diagnostic specimens using a novel probe-based real time PCR assay. McMillen and Lew. Vet Parasitol. 2006; 141:204-15
- Comparison of the diagnostic sensitivity of a commercially available culture kit and a diagnostic culture test using Diamond’s media for diagnosing Tritrichomonas foetus in bulls. Parker, et al. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2003; 15:460-465
TF-Transit Tubesmore images and videos:
- T. foetus Video Links; courtesty of Dr. Robert BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian Emeritus, U.C. Davis*.
- Bovine Trichomoniasis collection demonstration video
- T. foetus images and diagrams courtesy of Google
*Please note that the above links do not imply an endorsement from the author,
Robert H. BonDurant, Professor/Veterinarian and Department Chair or UC Davis.